Finally, the barn project, which started construction in 2006, has reached fulfillment as the OCCUPANCY PERMIT WAS GRANTED, JULY 3, 2018.
The preparation of exhibits has been completed over the last couple of years. A number of items are now on display which were hidden for decades in the back of the Schoolhouse, behind the Clark House chimney and in the Firehouse attic. Many people have also stepped forward with new donations of vintage items.
The collection is an eclectic display of items including things normally found in an agricultural area, items related to the trades and industries in the local area, items found in the house and a few oddities dating from the early 1800's into the mid'1900's. There is also an extensive cataloged library, house files and genealogical files which have been in use for several years as research requests are answered on a year-round basis.
The Barn is a self-guided facility, with signage explaining the exhibit items when needed. Personnel will be available to answer questions and provide further explanation.
Restrooms, including handicapped accessible, are in the Barn.
THE BARN IS NOW PART OF ALL REGULAR VISITS DURING THE OPEN SEASON, AND WILL BE USED FOR MANY OF THE SPECIAL EVENTS.