About the Society
 Wolfeboro Historical Society
  Keeping our History Alive for the Future
Year-round and Summer Residents Working Together   
                Mission of the Wolfeboro Historical Society
The objective of the Society shall be the encouragement of interest in the history of the Town of Wolfeboro, NH, by all appropriate means, including the collection, display and care of articles of historic interest pertaining to the history of Wolfeboro, and the ownership, lease or operation of property involved therewith for the benefit of this and future generations. (Source: Wolfeboro Historical Society by-laws, Article II - Objective)
          History of the Society
The Wolfeboro Historical Society was formed September 1, 1925 and incorporated August 31, 1926.  Its by-laws were developed by J.T. Meader, Miss L. Maude Cate and Mrs. Mabel Hatch and approved August 13, 1929. The Society has leased  the Clark House from the Town of Wolfeboro since July 7, 1927. In 1959 the Town gave the Society a 99 year lease on the Pleasant Valley Schoolhouse when it was moved to the Clark House grounds. The firehouse was added to the Clark House complex in 1982. Currently  the Clark House Museum Complex, consisting of the Clark House, schoolhouse, and firehouse, is owned by the Town of Wolfeboro and is operated by the Wolfeboro Historical Society. A 2006 presentation by Jim Rogers to the BOS gained approval to reconstruct an antique 1840's barn on the property. Phase 1 is completed and a modified phase 2 proposing seasonal useage will be presented to the BOS in the spring of 2011. The barn completion will culmanate an 80 year quest by the society to add needed space for storage and on site meetings 
 Organization  
    Resources
 The Wolfeboro Historical Society maintains files on a variety of local history topics. These are available for use by contacting us as shown on  the Contact Us page. 
    Our resources include:
        Copies of Bowers' History of Wolfeboro the Clark House
        Copies of Parker's History of Wolfeboro
        Copies of various books on local history topics
        Approximately 600 file folders on various local topics
        Approximately 125 genealogy folders
        Harrison Moore's extensive research on buildings and 
        homes in Wolfeboro
Officers:      President  Jim Rogers, Vice President    Secretary, Treasurer Louise Horsken Asst Treasurer Gene Denu,   Museum Operations Mark Lush       
Directors:  Jim Rogers, Louise Horsken, Gene Denu,  Sandy Macbeth, Anita Raymond  

Thousands of photos
A collection of glass photographic plate
A collection of postcards on Wolfeboro
A collection of 35mm slides
Town Reports
The Granite State News (local newspaper) on microfilm 
The Clark House